Thursday 7 April 2011

photo shoot

These are the photos I took for the front cover, contents page and double page spread in my magazine.

Front cover
This is the photo I took to appear on the front cover of my music magazine before and after editing:
As you can see I  have removed the background and added a shadow so that it doesn't look too fake when transferred onto the magazine cover. I have done this using Adobe Photoshop as it is easy to use and enables you to work quickly and easily without much trouble.

Contents Page
Below is the photo I took for my contents page before and after editing.
When I put this photo onto the contents page it didn't look right so I flipped it to see if that was better and it was. I also raised the colour saturation and the contrast slightly so that it didn't look so dull. The program I used to edit this photo was Picasa.
This photo was taken when I went to Reading Festival. The reason I used this photo instead of taking a new photo is because I thought this type of photo would be perfect for my magazine and I would not have a chance to get another photo of a crowd whilst I was doing my coursework.

Double Page Spread
This is the photo I took for my feature on an artist:
I did not edit this picture as I did not think it needed to be altered.

No comments:

Post a Comment