Monday 28 March 2011

plan of photo shoot

Before I take my photos for my magazine cover I have written this plan so that I know what to do when it comes to my photo shoot. I have covered all the areas including costume, hair and make-up, the setting/background, shot type, props, facial expression/pose and the lighting so that it will be a lot easier when it comes to taking the photographs.

Costume
For my model’s costume, she is going to be wearing dark clothes as this links back to the ‘rock’ theme of the magazine. She will wear a leather jacket, black leggings and dark boots to also link to this theme. To break up the outfit she will wear a stripy top with an image on the front, this will be very plain so that it suits the traditional ‘rock n roll’ attitude of not caring what they look like.

Hair and Make-up
The model’s hair will be quite scruffy and messy as this fits the ‘rock n roll’ style. Luckily, the model’s hair is quite dark but has a slight red tint to it so that it attracts your attention; also reddish hair is very popular.
The make-up used on my model will be quite heavy, using a lot of black around the eyes to make them stand out, also the model I will be using is quite pale which is good as it doesn’t make her look very materialistic.

Setting
For the background of my magazine I am not going to have the model in an actual setting, I am going to take the photo and then remove the background so that the text will be more visible and it won’t look too busy. I am going to use a grey background as it is quite simple and dark so that it suits the ‘rock n roll’ theme.

Shot Type
I am going use a variety of shot types when taking my photo, however the main shot type I am going to focus on is a medium-long shot so that most of the model’s body will be in the shot. This will show what the model is wearing and what her body language is like.

Props
In my photo shoot I am only going to include one prop which will be a set of headphones around the model’s neck. This will show that the model is into music and that this is a music magazine. The reason I am only using this prop is because this is the only suitable prop I have available to me that can relate to music.

Facial Expression/ Pose
The model will be looking straight at the camera as this will give the audience a direct mode of address. The model will look quite moody and will be in a very relaxed pose so that it suits the rock theme of the magazine.
For the pose she will be standing up and she will be holding a part of her jacket, this suggests that she is showing off the clothes that she is wearing. The model’s head will be tilted so that she doesn’t look too rigid or awkward in the photo.

Lighting
For the issue surrounding lighting, because I don’t have any special equipment I am going to take the photo outside so that I can get a very natural effect. I will take the photo when it is darker in the afternoon so that the highlights and low-lights of the face will be more visible. Also after the photo has been taken I will edit the photo so that the lighting looks a bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment